Welcome to Belsay Horse Trials. This is a stunning venue and our cross country course is set over beautiful, undulating Grade 1 heritage parkland on well-established old pasture turf.
You will find a good mixture of natural obstacles, permanent and portable fences designed by Adrian Ditchham and built by Rob McSkimming and his team. Our thanks to the large number of volunteers that help paint, dress and put the finishing touches to all the fences.
The going is likely to be perfect and the organisers will make it their top priority. This is an ideal viewing course for owners, trainers and family.
Our thanks to our course builders and all of our contractors and their teams for their hard work in preparing the course.
- Mrs Tory Dodd
- West Belsay Farm
- NE20 0JN
- Telephone:01661 881318
- Mobile:07500 958905
Cheques: Please make cheques payable to Belsay Horse Trials. Separate cheques are required for each horse, with the name of horse and class on the back. Please only enclose separate 22cm x 11cm (DL size) self-seal SAE for each horse if you do not have access to the internet.
Refund Policy: 100% refund for entries withdrawn before the ballot date. Thereafter entries that are replaced in the same class and on the same day will receive a full refund subject to a £12 admin charge.
|Entries Open:||28th April 2017|
|Ballot Date:||12:00 noon on 15th May 2017|
|Late Entries:||24th May 2017|
|Ballot Period:||June 2017|
|Withdrawals:||18:00 on 30th May 2017|
|Wait List:||A wait list will be held.|
|Starting Times:||Available between 1800-2000 on 1 June at 01661 881318. Also available at www.bdwp.co.uk and via text message.|
Saturday 3rd June
- BSPS Working Hunter Pony Classes
- Pony Event Class
Sunday 4th June
- Pony Club Team Show Jumping
- Class 1 to commence 10:00 hours and Class 2 14:30 hours
- 2017 times available to download below:
2017 Course Maps
Please note that the timetables may be subject to slight changes
BE results available from BHT page on The BE Website: Click HERE
PC Team Results can be downloaded using the button below.
BHT 2017 EVENT
FARRIER: Malcolm Harrison
HORSE AMBULANCE supplied by:
New for 2017 – We are proud to present our Official Trade Suppliers
We are delighted to welcome our Official Trade Suppliers to Belsay Horse Trials 2017! They are a few of our favourite equestrian-related brands that we would like to introduce and promote to our competitors! To be in with a chance to win products/discounts from these companies please go to our Event Secretary tent and enter our Competitor Raffle!
North Acomb, Stocksfield, NE43 7UF – 01661 843181
- Easy access to and from A69, 6 miles east of course
- 4 boxes plus HGV parking
East Shaftoe, Belsay, Northumberland, NE61 4AE – 01830 530249 or 07761 053981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.5 miles north west of course
- 2 boxes/HGV parking
Charles & Dee McGowan
Southlands Farm Cottages, Gunnerton, Hexham, Northumberland, NE48 4EA – Dee 07876455620 Charles 07900271455 – email@example.com
- 3 holiday cottages, 3 stables, 37 acres, parking.
Angerton Steads, Bolam, Northumberland – 07554432399
- 3 miles from course
- 3 boxes & possibly another 4, Horse walker, HGV parking
Park End Equestrian Centre, Simonburn, Northumberland, NE48 3AA – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01434 230394
- 24 stables, Excellent facilities, Outside arena available. Plenty of room for large horseboxes.
- Within 20 miles of Horse Trials.
Heathery Edge Farm, Newton, NE43 7XB – 07831 507507
- Just off A69
- Up to 8 stables, Wash Bay, Horse Walker, Outdoor school
Mainsbank Farm, Stamfordham, NE18 0QN – 07870236985 01661886434 – email@example.com
- 6 stables, horse wash room with heat lamps. WC Hot and cold water HGV parking
Bronwen Clear Hill
The Byre, Raylees, Elsdon, Northumberland, NE19 1BL – 01830 520775 or mob. 07749719910
- 2 stables + parking for small lorry/trailer
- 14 miles north of Belsay on A696
Tim & Emma Reed
Moss Kennels, Military Road, Housesteads, NE47 6NL – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01434 344016
- B & B (available for both nights)
- 4 boxes (14ft x 14ft) + HGV parking, Horse walker, All weather gallop, Indoor arena
- On the B6318 road, north of Haydon Bridge and next to Hadrians Wall
Tynedale Hunt Kennels, Stagshaw Bank, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5DQ – 01434 633100 or 07801833081
- 4 boxes available at Tyndale Hunt Kennels, just off A68, 2 miles north of Corbridge, bedding Rape Straw.
- (due to a number of tight bends in the driveway, it is not suitable for HGV lorries)
East Thorn Farm, Kirkley – 07887675217
- 3 miles from event
- 5 horse stables and 4 slightly smaller stables available with an outdoor school, HGV parking and shaving available if required!
Hedchester Law Farm, Belsay Village, NE20 0EX – email@example.com / 07791 338394
- 1/2 mile from event
- 1 (possibly 2) stables, washing faclities and HGV parking.
Faiths Holiday Cottage, Longwitton – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07817 265468
- 10 miles from event
- Cottage sleeps 8 plus 3 stables and arena available.
BHT would like to thank Bedmax for once again providing our wonderful, comfortable ring side seating. Visit their website at www.bedmaxshavings.com
Please read your rule books for further clarification, below is an extract of some of the rules for headwear and body protector. Please ensure your hat is tagged.
Competitors’ Dress Rules
A ‘Riding Hat’ must be worn at all times by anyone, riding anywhere at a BE Event. whether or not a Competitor.
Protective Headwear, as listed below, must be worn by competitors at all times when mounted in BE80, BE90, BE100 and BE100 Plus classes. For headwear for other classes please read the relevant rules.